another copy, for a quicker view :)
Why, hello! We, Jessica and Zoe, are about to embark on our list of 27 things we’d like to accomplish before university this september. Here are our goals, inspired by The Buried Life:
1. become hipsters fo real. this means we must: “value independent thinking, progressive politics, counter culture, an appreciation of art and indie rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter.” and “vintage and thrift store inspired fashions, tight fitting jeans, old school sneakers, and sometimes thick rimmed glasses.” we gotta be cool without trying to be cool, in short.
2. learn to longboard
3. learn to surf 4. do a handstand! a real handstand 5 seconds or longer. however in order to cross this item off the list we must also complete a kegstand…both done while on ones hands. 5. bake goods, distribute to the homeless 6. do the polar bear swim. hungover new years day. just do it. 7. challenge a stranger to an arm wrestling competition. win. 8. do the Times Colonist 10 K
9. crowd surf, and not get kicked out of the concert by angry security.
10. create an album of polaroid photos taken over the course of one day, with a polaroid we have yet to aquire.
11. get into a club 12. party with an indie band we’ve been to so many indie concerts, we’re like groupies. Bands gotta know who we are by now. 13. throw a badass party 14. Scream at the top of your lungs 15. ROADTRIP
16. participate in a serious dance off. train for it. win.
17. spend a night camping in the middle of nowhere
18. donate blood. this must require us having enough iron in our blood beforehand, without eating meat.
19. spend a night in a hostel
20. get a defined six pack. really abs of any sort. must be recognizable by at least two people.
21. produce a (short) movie.
or music video whichever of the two we find easier.
22. pull off a sweet grad prank. 23. stay up for a long long time, as long as possible one might say. 24. Have a movie marathon. An actual marathon, as in a full day or long watching movies. 25. participate in a protest rally 26. prepare and enjoy a six course meal 27. see Hey Rosetta! live in east side Van.
#6 Do the Polar Bear Swim
hungover. new years day. just do it.
FIRST ITEM OFF THE LIST!!
January 1st, has finally arrived! That means its time to start our list ‘25 things to do before grad’. #6 on the list: become participants in Elk Lake’s annual polar bear swim. If you’ve ever participated in the swim, you are aware that there is in fact very little swimming involved. Instead, it requires a quick sprint into the lake, a submerging flop into the icy depths, then retreat at top speeds back to land. And of course, there’s nothing like the reminders of a New Year’s Eve well spent to add to the overall enjoyment of the polar bear swim.
We’ve had an great start to our list and the excitement of the ridiculous things we’ll be getting into between now and June is finally setting in. :)